Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Taking a Stand of Faith - Update from Jeff



Hello! Jeff Smith here. I wanted to send an update on what's going on with me and my sweet family.

Since receiving some very disappointing news some weeks ago regarding the return of cancer to my body, this time in my lung, we have been on a difficult journey. But God has been faithful, and loving friends and family have stood strong with us through all the ups and downs we have experienced. We are so grateful to Him who loves us eternally and unconditionally. He supplies all our needs, and it's wonderful to see how so many who love us have responded in so many loving ways. 

We are grateful to those who have prayed for us so consistently and powerfully. I am thankful and encouraged to know that there are prayer warriors locally and all over the country who are lifting us up. We have had friends and family lay hands on us, and pray for healing. We had a beautiful experience when our church leaders at Hunter Street, and several of our loved ones gathered together and prayed for my healing according to James 5: 14-16.  
We look back and marvel at how God has inspired others to bless us. 
Some have bought groceries, done errands, taken our kids, Brady and Brianna, into their homes.  Our neighbor, Steve White, surprised us by so generously and sacrificially, pressure-washing our driveway while we were out of town. 


Our Hunter Street Sunday School class continues to be such an amazing group of friends and incredible prayer warriors - we thank God so much for each member. What a blessing all these gifts have been to us! God is good!








Kristi and I recently spend five days in Colorado, to strengthen my body and further enable it to defeat the disease that I fight. It was an eye-opening experience, and is now a part of my regimen to gain back my health. We hope to share what we learned with many of you in the future.

I met with a surgeon yesterday, in hopes to have a surgical date to remove the mass from my lung. Unfortunately, we came away disappointed to learn that he thought that surgery was not what he thought was best. Today, I go to meet with a second surgeon, for a second opinion. We pray for answers that will put us on the path to health. Chemo is still a possibility out there. Please keep praying!

Today is mine and Kristi's wedding anniversary. 19 years! I married a wonderful woman who is a blessing to me every day. She has a passion for our Lord Jesus that is wonderful. She is an amazing mom to our kids, Brady and Brianna.
Kristi has been so strong for me. I am so amazed and grateful for her love and commitment to us, especially during this trying time. God will bless her for it!

I love her so much!!

We hope and believe in God, and are standing firm that we believe that He will bring us through this difficult time in health, and with a testimony of His faithfulness and His love. And through it all, we know that He holds us in His loving arms. Please continue to pray for us. We love you all. 

Thanks be to God!

Jeff


3 comments:

  1. Jeff, you and Kristi have blessed our lives through your attitude of thankfulness and obedience to the Lord. We stand with you in prayer. We pray for strength and understanding about decisions to make. He will lead you the right way. Please continue to update on how we need to pray for you.
    Love,

    Caroline & Paul

    ReplyDelete