Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What An Enormous Privilege!

Scott and I were already so blessed to have Jeff, Kristi, Brady and Brianna in our lives but what took place last Saturday night and Sunday morning was an ENORMOUS privilege!

First, I must back up and tell you that there are many people in the city of Charleston, SC praying mighty healing prayers for Jeff. This all started when I reached out to a fairly new friend, Terrace, who is powerfully gifted with faith. I told him about Jeff's cancer diagnosis and Terrance immediately launched a prayer campaign with lots of people that he knows in Charleston. He also instructed me to have Kristi speak and share healing scriptures with Jeff throughout this journey. Terrace has such a mighty level of faith that Jeff is going to be healed that it is contagious which is what God knew we all needed the last few weeks.


Last Saturday evening Scott & I attended a church service where healing prayer was offered. Terrace was also in attendance and immediately had Scott and I 'stand in' for Kristi and Jeff while healing prayers were spoken boldly against Jeff's cancer. I cannot put into words the special feelings that we experienced as these prayers were poured out for our dear brother in Christ and the only statement I could utter was, "What An ENORMOUS Privilege!"

On Sunday morning we attended St. Johns Chapel in downtown Charleston and worshipped again with Terrace. As prayer requests were being discussed, Terrace asked me to share about Jeff's cancer. Brother Dallas, the minister at St. Johns Chapel, immediately went into action and asked me to come forward to 'stand in' for Jeff once again. Before praying he asked me to get right before God and ask Jesus for faith so I could fully believe in Jeff's healing. People began coming up and laying hands on me while Brother Dallas prayed. I had unwavering faith that Jeff would be healed and that it was for a mighty purpose that involved Jeff sharing his testimony and impacting many lives, especially men.

After the service Brother Dallas asked Scott and I to come to his office so we could call Jeff to tell him about this healing prayer. We were fortunate to be able to not only get Jeff on the phone but Kristi, Brady and Brianna as well. As they were conferenced in on the phone while sitting at a gas station, Brother Dallas prayed words of healing for Jeff and the presence of our Lord was awesome. Brother Dallas asked Jeff to call him anytime, day or night, when he needed prayer or words of faith. We were blown away with the Christian unity during that conversation. Again...what an ENORMOUS privilege!

Since last weekend I cannot stop praying and thanking God for the opportunity to 'stand in' for Jeff & Krisit. Scott & I, along with many others, are joined with them in this journey and we know that it is essential to keep unwavering faith for his healing. Join us as we watch our amazing God perform a miracle that will allow Jeff to serve a mighty purpose for his Lord and Savior.

Today the Lord showed me these scriptures for Jeff - Psalm 91: 15-16 MSG "Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation."

We don't know the exact date & time of the party but we know there will be one so stay tuned. We will be celebrating right along with Jeff when the healing is finished!



 Jeff and Kristi, We are standing in faith for you! We serve an awesome God together and our faith is stronger because of your friendship.

Your brother and sister in Christ, Scott and Nena





No comments:

Post a Comment